Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas

Is it just me, or did Christmas come very early this year?! Don't get me wrong, I love the holiday season as much as the next person, but  -dang-  People were setting up their trees weeks before Thanksgiving, and of course the malls, as usual, were set up the day after Halloween. It just seemed a little much this year. 
As you know, I am an avid Pinterest-er and I came across something that seemed so fitting...



...but once the last Thanksgiving meal is consumed ...bring on the trees + tinsel! Our family has one tradition really, and that is putting the tree up on Thanksgiving night. It's quite simple, really. Chris lugs down the tree from storage, I fluff the tree (which is just damn torture, really), Bella anxiously waits until it is ready to put on the ornaments, while we watch Christmas Vacation. Because it is NOT Christmas without the Griswold's, and you can take that to the bank! I can't wait for the tradition to come more evolved as Bella grows up + becomes more accustomed in new things (such as hot chocolate)
We did try + branch from normality this year. We planned on hunting in the backyard for a tree we could use, even if it was a Charlie Brown tree, but alas none were found. Darn. Although I have never had a real tree, I absolutely love the smell of pine. So, if you ever need a gift idea ...get a tree scented candle. 
As it is frustrating that Christmas came so early this year, I would like to send a Christmas kiss to my loving husband that has endured my constant Christmas carols + specials. I'm not completely innocent ...the carols may have started a little earlier than they should have ;)
So, as I sit here, listening to Christmas carols, writing this blog when I should be studying for my French final, I hope you have decked your house out to the bells. String those lights, hang that tinsel, build those wreaths, and drink that hot chocolate (or eggnog for you adults). Watch those movies + specials like there's no tomorrow. I mean, it only comes once a year, right? Enjoy those around you + embrace the holiday spirit as we should...

What movie is a staple for the holidays in your household? Got one that is a must? Let me know! 

ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment