Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

+Merry Christmas+

It really is the most wonderful time of the year. Truly.
I love Christmas, a lot. The lights, the music, time with family & friends, presents, the food, the merriment, the smells, everything. We have now had 5 Christmas' with Bella & this year will be the sixth. Keeping Jesus in Christmas is the ultimate goal for our family & with Bella getting older it is becoming more & more imperative to keep Jesus as the focus.

When it comes to Christmas, I am a Christmas special junky. I can't get enough & I can't watch them too many times. My all time favorite is "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Bella loves it just as I do & it warms my heart that she can take joy in things I did as a kid. Charles Schulz is a man that I admire. He kept Christ in Christmas & fought to keep it. The tv company wanted to take the infamous Linus scene out, but he make it clear that it was to stay. Thank you Charles! That scene is part of my Christmas, it is not Christmas without it. It does not matter how many times I see it, the speech still gives me goosebumps & watery eyes to this day.


A couple of years ago I finally read "A Christmas Carol." I'm not real familiar with any other good Christmas novels. If you have a good one you would like to share, please let me know. I'm always up for a good book...


Christmas is not the same without a little Griswold...

A little Christmas advice...

Probably the cutest Christmas decoration I've ever seen


Enjoy the season! Love on the ones that mean something to you this season & do something nice for someone in need. From my family to yours, May your Christmas be merry. Joyful be your family. Blessed be each one. Peaceful be your home.


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment