Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"You is kind. You is smart. You is important..." - Aibileen Clark

I have had "The Help" on my Kindle for over a year now and one day I do plan on reading it, but until then I'll just quote it like I know it...

Six years ago, we sat in a small, stuffy, dimly lit hospital room as the huge realization sunk into our exhausted lives that not only were we young and married, but that we were, wait for it ...parents. 
I know, scary right?! Well, not really...
Never in my life would I have ever thought the first look at a tiny new human would take such hold of my life. 

Growing up, I may have thought that my kids will be awesome because, well, who doesn't want awesome kids, but I could never imagine... 
...who we have been blessed with for a child is more than we ever prayed, wished, and hoped for. She is the apple of our eyes and the brightest little girl I have ever come across. She is always there for a laugh, a kiss, and a hug. I never have to worry about getting love from my Bell-bee... 

So, as we eat our pancakes and bacon and cake and ice cream birthday dinner ...this day is for you Bella! Know that your daddy and I will always and always have love you. You are awesome! 




No comments:

Post a Comment