Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Good Friday

I sit here, huddled over my keyboard, trying to write an A worthy paper while my brain is slowly shutting down due to the time, but the only clicking my keyboard is doing is for the search engines or Facebook. I know ...I'm a terrible studier. I once found this website where you could block all kinds of websites while you study to help you be more productive, but of course I didn't save it. If you know what I'm talking about, comment below and let me know. I feel like I could benefit from it...

I don't know about you, but today was just one of those days. Nothing seemed to go right and everything everyone did got on my nerves. Luckily, I survived; because that's what we do. It's not going to kill you. I find that I need to tell myself that a lot. All my life I have always been too scared to try because of expected failure. I'm 27 years old and just now starting the path to my career, all because I was afraid of failing at something I loved. Well, I have learned a little truth a long the way ...Yes, you will fail, at times, but it's not going to kill you. It may sting or hurt at first, but remember that life will go one and that if you don't succeed the first time there is always a second, and a third, fourth, fifth, so on and so on. 
Jesus was a man. I have no idea if he failed at anything. I mean, did he ever build something incredibly crappy and have to start over? He dealt with the same things we dealt with, even fear. He did not want to endure his appending crucifixion and prayed that God would lift the cup from him (Luke 22:29-46) and asked if there could be another way. His anguish was so intense his sweat become blood (read about the condition here). The story is sad but is the greatest one of all time. Jesus loves you so much that he died for you. He endured all that he went through so he could be with you in the end. One of my favorite verses is in 1 John 4:9-10

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 

What I take from this is, no matter how bad or frustrating my day may have been, I have God living inside of me and he loves me. He loves me no matter what. I may fail him daily, but he is there is pick me back up and telling me to "try again," and I love that. I don't know where you are in your life right now but if you walk away with anything from this blog let it be this, 
God loves you. Jesus died for you. He wants to be with you and you to be with him always and everyday...

Happy Good Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment