Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Key West + Nassau

 Wow, what a trip! It was our first trip to Key West & honestly, it will not be our last. We will definitely be back. Even if this blog only has 3 or 4 posts you can see that I love Ernest Hemingway, so naturally my favorite leg of the trip was visiting his Key West home. It was brilliant! 6 toed cats & all. To be able to see where he wrote, where he lived, it was ...fulfilling. Bucket list item, checked off! It's funny, for a few months now Chris & I have talked about what we want for our next house (we basically have the entire place planned out, we just need it set in blueprints), but walking through the property all I could think is, "whatever I see I want reflected in my home." Hemingway, you had style.
The only thing that could have made it even better was to have Hemingway there to show us around himself. Everyone has their own stories about their house & things that have happened in or inspired by every room. To personally hear personal stories from Hemingway, a man of words, hold on I think I just died...


Chris & I had been to Nassau on our first cruise, our friends had never been but it's really nice to go anywhere when you have great company. The one real souvenir I would love to bring home from the Caribbean would be a bottle of Rum, however, no one seems to make bottles that look cool. You know what I mean? I don't really want one on my shelf when you can't tell if I got it in the Bahamas or off the shelf from the Liquor Store across the street. Give me one that looks like something Jack Sparrow would have carried & we are in business...  


Cruises are great. If you are a person who doesn't like to get in the car every time you want to go somewhere & would like to visit multiple places, that is definitely the route for you. I don't think I will ever get to talk Chris into a vacation that's not a cruise again ;)


Out to sea...



Putt Putt on the top deck is hard with all that wind, but I still dominated ;)





Best. Bar. Ever! Not that I've been to a lot, but they have the best sloppy joes & mojitos. This is a must if you are in Key West. 





I found it a little odd the streets were crowded with roosters early in the morning :)











(from left to right: Ashley, Daniel, Chris)




Bucket List ...check!





I was infatuated with the locks in Hemingway's home

The famous six toed cat(s)







There is nothing but love for this picture. There is nothing that I don't like about it :)





To stand where he stood...

Where genius was created...















Our boat with Carnival, the Fascination 





Kindle accompanied all though the Caribbean (hey Amazon, can I get a book credit for the plug ;D)









Sunset in Nassau





Where is it you are wanting to go? What's holding you back? Grab that passport, pack that suitcase, & go. Now, if I could just get myself to Cuba...

-Ash-

No comments:

Post a Comment