Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

8 Years


It wasn't hot. It wasn't cool. It was September.
Early & dark outside. Nervous, ecstatic, & anxious it was inside. I couldn't sleep any longer. I needed to, but couldn't. So, getting up to what the day beheld, this was my life...
Stepping over the overflowing bodies that occupied the floor, beds, & rooms I made my way up the stairs one last time. It was here, it was finally happening. Long conversations with small talk lingered as the coffee strewn air filled the room, with it's power to awaken this sleepy soul. This is it, am I ready? Laughs with love occupied the time while sleeping beings occupied the space. Not knowing what to do but love and take it slow. This is it, I am ready...

Pins & curls. Jewels & gown. What was I to do but feel beautiful. Flowers decorated. Surrounded by able bodies who loved. Not knowing where to look but up. He was here, but where. Can't I see him? I long to. Soon, my love. Soon...


September 4th will always be marked by one of, if not, the best days of my life. Eight years ago today I said "I do" to the best man that has ever graced this planet (yes, I know Jesus was here, but that's a given). Everyone says that they would love to go back & change things about their wedding, me being in that statistic, but one thing would still remain the same. I will still say, "I do."

The past 8 years have definitely had their ups & downs (I believe marriages should have some downs), & I would not trade them for the world. They have been the best years of my life. Through them I have gained:
- a brilliant husband
- a lovely daughter
- 2 neurotic pets
- 1 "tiny" new car ;)
- real estate experience
- the love of Hagar Van Halen instead of Roth Van Halen
- a reoccurring desire to play guitar 
- my first rock concert (Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot) ;)
- the love to cook
- the ability & mentally to do what I want to
- and so so so so so so much more....

(Because I own no scanner you will have to enjoy these photos, ghetto style)

 My family were in "stitches" the entire day. It's what we do best :)


We started off our marriage in laughter, & that brings me so much joy. 
Other than love, laughter is the most important thing. 
He keeps me laughing ...& I love it!

If you know our family, this picture is important. 
Chris' dad was not able to see us marry because he is in prison.
He was able to hear the entire ceremony through the cell phone that our 
Best Man held the entire time. 
So, that is basically a photo of us with his dad...

We had Blues music played at our reception by a group of good friends.
I would choose it again, it was fantastic!



It's been a fantastic life so far! God has blessed me beyond anything that I could ever begin to imagine! I truly mean that! I cannot begin to comprehend what the next few years hold. If it's anything like the past 8, it will be one hell of a ride! 





-Ash-



No comments:

Post a Comment